I’m Kristen Hicks, a copywriter and content marketer living in Austin, Texas.
My freelance writing specialties include:
Business Website Copy
Whether you’re an e-commerce business or a retail shop with a storefront, most customers will spend some time on your website before deciding to do business with you. Your website is an important opportunity to make a persuasive case for what it is that makes your business and products special.
A strong website clearly communicates the value you provide to customers and makes it easy for them to move forward toward a purchase – all in language that’s easy to understand and optimized for search engines.
Blogs have become a common tool for business marketing, but as often as not they’re time consuming without being all that effective. If you’re going to have a business blog, do it right. An experienced freelance blogger can help take all that time and effort off your plate, while helping you build a better blog at the same time.
Blogging is a big part of content marketing, but it’s just one small part of the larger whole. There’s a wide range of content formats you can take advantage of to provide valuable information to your audience and strengthen the reputation of your brand. I can help you develop a content marketing plan that goes beyond blogging and helps you reach a wider range of customers.
I’ve worked with small businesses in a variety of industries, several businesses working in the education technology sector, and several marketing agencies. You can find more details of my work experience on my LinkedIn profile.
How I Work:
- I price per project, so to provide a quote I need to have a pretty clear idea of what you need. A detailed email or quick phone call is usually enough for me to work up a proposal.
- I meet my deadlines. It’s kind of a big deal to me, so barring a misunderstanding or family emergency, you can expect my work to be in front of you the day promised.
- The other side of that equation is that I have to plan carefully. Rush jobs aren’t easy to fit in, so don’t be surprised if there’s some time between when you first contact me and when I commit to first having work to you.
- If you send me an email or leave a voicemail, you can usually count on me to get back to you within one business day. Regular phone calls make it harder to get work done, so email is usually best.
- I’ve got a full page of writing samples and a blog with even more examples of the kind of writing I’m capable of. As such, I don’t do free samples for potential clients. Please don’t ask.
- It’s important to me to be professional, courteous, and submit quality work. As a result, most of my clients are pretty happy with my work. Just check out the testimonials in the sidebar to see for yourself.
If it sounds like we’re a good fit, get in touch.