I’m Kristen Hicks, a copywriter and content marketer living in Austin, Texas.
My freelance writing specialties include:
Business Website Copy
Whether you’re an e-commerce business or a retail shop with a storefront, most customers will spend some time on your website before deciding to do business with you. Your website is an important opportunity to make a persuasive case for what it is that makes your business and products special.
A strong website clearly communicates the value you provide to customers and makes it easy for them to move forward toward a purchase – all in language that’s easy to understand and optimized for search engines.
Blogs have become a common tool for business marketing, but as often as not they’re time consuming without being all that effective. If you’re going to have a business blog, do it right. An experienced freelance blogger can help take all that time and effort off your plate, while helping you build a better blog at the same time.
Blogging is a big part of content marketing, but it’s just one small part of the larger whole. There’s a wide range of content formats you can take advantage of to provide valuable information to your audience and strengthen the reputation of your brand. I can help you develop a content marketing plan that goes beyond blogging and helps you reach a wider range of customers.
I’ve worked with small businesses in a variety of industries, several businesses working in the education technology sector, and several marketing agencies. You can find more details of my work experience on my LinkedIn profile.
How I Work:
- I price per project, so to provide a quote I need to have a pretty clear idea of what you need. A detailed email or quick phone call is usually enough for me to work up a proposal.
- I meet my deadlines. It’s kind of a big deal to me, so barring a misunderstanding or family emergency, you can expect my work to be in front of you the day promised.
- The other side of that equation is that I have to plan carefully. Rush jobs aren’t easy to fit in, so don’t be surprised if there’s some time between when you first contact me and when I commit to first having work to you.
- If you send me an email, you can usually count on me to get back to you within one or two business days. Regular phone calls make it harder to get work done, so email is usually best.
- I’ve got a full page of writing samples and a blog with even more examples of the kind of writing I’m capable of. As such, I don’t do free samples for potential clients. Please don’t ask.
- It’s important to me to be professional, courteous, and submit quality work. As a result, most of my clients are pretty happy with my work. Just check out the testimonials in the sidebar to see for yourself.
If it sounds like we’re a good fit, get in touch.